Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Postholer

CDT Patches

Here's the spot for all of you aspiring CDT enthusiasts. You're a tough breed, hiking one of the most untamed trails in the country.

CDT Patches

Postby Pfeiffer » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:09 pm

At the risk of getting more info than I wanted, what is the story with the CDT logo patches? I'd like to have one on my pack but...seems it should be done by one of the CDT organizations. I don't want it if it's bootleg. What's a hiker to do? :cry:
Pfeiffer

Re: CDT Patches

Postby SunnyWalker » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:47 pm

Try this:

Amazon.com/Continental-Divide-Trail-CDT-patch/dp/B008QM43PW

Kind of pricy at $7.95

Hurry, they only have a few left.

Have a great hike.

-SunnyWalker
"Something hidden, go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" -Rudyard Kipling
SunnyWalker

Postby SunnyWalker » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:25 pm

I ordered mine the day I put the last post to this thread. I arrived today. Real nice, just likes is supposed to look.
"Something hidden, go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" -Rudyard Kipling
SunnyWalker

Postby Pfeiffer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:11 pm

Yes, but this is being sold by somebody to make a profit, it does not benefit the CDT in any way I can see. The rights to the CDT logo are owned by the USDA if I remember correctly. Do they have permission to use the logo for profit sales (I seriously doubt it). I would be much more apt to buy it if it were being done through one of the CDT non-profit groups (with proceeds benefiting the trail).

Bottom line: I'm not buying it and wearing it on my pack if it is bootleg. It would appear there are no sanctioned CDT patches available.
Pfeiffer

Postby Pfeiffer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:03 pm

http://www.fs.fed.us/cdt/cdt_trademark.htm
This link shows who owns the rights to the CDT logo.

I'd prefer to see the CDTS or CDTC selling these, with proceeds going to run the organization or maintain the trail. If that were the case, I'd be happy to buy one right away.
Pfeiffer

Postby SunnyWalker » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:29 pm

I ordered one and it looks like the real deal.
SunnyWalker

Postby Pfeiffer » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:42 pm

your missing the point.
Pfeiffer

Postby SunnyWalker » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Been meaning to reply, took me awhile so I am sorry Pfeiffer. No, the patches are from the CTDS and you can get them from this site:http://www.continentaldividetrail.org/about-cdtc/the-trail-store/gifts-and-other-goodies/ And your purchase helps the CTDS and the CDT.
SunnyWalker

Return to Continental Divide Trail