Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Postholer

Peek Email Device

Here's the spot for all of you aspiring CDT enthusiasts. You're a tough breed, hiking one of the most untamed trails in the country.

Peek Email Device

Postby SunnyWalker » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:16 am

Man, those Peek Devices looked like they were pretty good for hikers. Oh well, smart phones out done 'em.
"Something hidden, go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" -Rudyard Kipling
SunnyWalker

Re: Peek Email Device

Postby SunnyWalker » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Well, I found out that the Peek devices are still sold and supported now by T Mobile. It looks like a real good deal. I was going to take a smart phone I bought and would have had to pay $45 a month for unlimited phone and email stuff, etc., along with my other cell phone we have. My contract on my other phone (not a smart phone) is for another year plus a few months. The unlimited email for the Peek Pronto is only $20.00 so this makes it much more affordable. In addition it looks like it is an actual qwuerty keyboard and easier to write out log entries then on (at least mine) a smart phone. SO soon to come, entries to this journal via PEEK from SunnyWalker.
"Something hidden, go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" -Rudyard Kipling
SunnyWalker

Re: Peek Email Device

Postby SunnyWalker » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:30 pm

NO, no, no, no! Dumb dumb SunnyWalker. Waste of money. Don't buy these things. They don't work any more, I should have listened. But it was only $4.00 . . . ..
SunnyWalker

Return to Continental Divide Trail