Postholer.Com Login   Journals   Maps   Data Books   Planner   Snow   Google Maps

Davidpatrone - Pacific Crest Trail Journal - 2011

rss
Entry 67 of 67
First  :: Previous  :: Next :: Last

View/Sign my Guestbook

David "Mr.F.Gentle Spirit" Patrone
City: San Diego
State: Ca
Country: USA
Begins: May 2, 2011
Direction: Northbound

Daily Summary
Date: Fri, Jul 8th, 2011
Start: VVR
End: Elizabeth Lake
Daily Distance: 15
Trip Distance: 617.0

Journal Stats
Entry Visits: 3,023
Journal Visits: 23,856
Guestbook Views: 711
Guestbook Entrys: 4

Gear list

Pacific Crest Trail Map

Out across the lake

Breakfast at VVR was great. It's possible that they make the best damn pancakes I've ever sunk my teeth into. The waitress, Olive was trying to act like an West Coast Campground version of Flo at Mel's Diner but it just came off as bitchy. She chilled out a little later but I could tell I'd be able to spend around five minutes around her before I blew up and shut her cranky ass down for good. I can't stand people like that. Luckily Sprinkles was regulating my behavior that morning and the sugary pancakes must have kept my head together.

We convinced Yard Sale and Tails to come with us and we all got out of there on the ferry with the newest captain on the lake, Eric. He was a PCT hiiker who got fried out in the snow. Burned really bad and so he decided to take a big break at VVR and then somehow he got a job there and this morning was his first morning driving the ferry. It was cool. there were 3 rangers on the boats and they had an ancient saw with them to go out and cut out blowdowns. The saw was from 1910 or something like that. I guess they don't make hand saws that big anymore. It was about 8 feet across. They checked our permits and then we got to the other side of the lake and got out on the trail by about 10. We'd be in Mammoth in two days with any luck although we had three bad river crossings coming up. ACtually we were crossing the same river three times: Mono Creek.

More to come, I have to get out of this coffee show they are closing.

Entry 67 of 67
First  :: Previous  :: Next :: Last

Journal Photo

Pacific Crest Jazz Tour

Mr. F Gentle Spirit is a former US Marine, professional ski instructor at Heavenly Lake Tahoe, and a Southern California Jazz singer and entertainer David Patrone, who is performing Jazz shows all along the PCT. Follow him as he walks from Mexico to Canada in support of an amazing cause: Boys To Men Mentoring Network Thanks for reading! I appreciate your passing this along to your friends and I welcome any and all comments!

Mr. F. Gentle Spirit
David Patrone
www.davidpatrone.com/PCT
crooner@davidpatrone.com
619.517.2719

 

  Printed Maps :: Google Maps :: Journals :: Trail Planners :: Data Books :: Gear Lists :: Snow :: Elevation Profiles  

Postholer.Com © 2005-2024 - Sitemap - W3C - @postholer - GIS Portfolio